10/2/12

color stories

o  x  b  l  o  o  d


the color of the season . . .

Oxblood is that deep, almost brown red. You see it everywhere in fashion now and yes, it's definitely in vogue.  While it may be the "it" color of the season,  I see it as timeless ... think of those classic men's oxford shoes.
I'm using it this fall as a pop of color, like the chair in the first photo or even the towels seen in the Architectural Digest spread of Tiffany & Co. designer's Lambertson and Truex's bathroom.
Even easier... pick up some flowers like these amazing "oxblood" peonies and bring the color of the season indoors.

enjoy
*

photos via: pinterest






11 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful post. I love the color oxblood too, and these examples are stunning. New idea for something here.
    Happy Tuesday.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. so rich and sexy. i agree!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oxblood or 'burgundy' is everywhere this season and the truth is I can't get enough of it! Such a powerful color

    Happy Wednesday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so dramatic in the bookcase, love it!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a handsome color and yes, I always think of the men's shoes. Love the shade and chair in the first image!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amzing place!!!
    Have a nice weekend
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful! I love the pictures in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all pictures are nice and it has great interior designs which attract to anyone, it has awesome colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Warm colors! Perfect desgin I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is my first visit for your blog but i will be one of your followers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always you provide exclusive posts for me and your visitors, thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment . . . I love hearing from you!